Tuesday, February 20, 2007

2007 - will it be you?

Reflecting on my earlier blog I started thinking: how many suppliers have lost customers because they had NOT implemented electronic invoicing when asked by a customer?

I don't expect anyone to reply this question. However, I have evidence that suppliers are losing customers and I wonder how many customers they have to lose before they choose to act?

Never mind with a new year in prospect we should look to the future. Will it be you in 2007 that is asked to implement electronic invoicing?

What clues do you have to know if it will be you?
1. Do you know what your customers' procurement policy is? Click here to see an example

2. When you win a new contract or renew a contract check to see if your customer has introduced a clause concerning eCommerce. Many buyers are introducing eCommerce clauses as a condition of business even though they may not implement that immediately.

3. Do you have any UK public sector customers? The likelihood is that sooner than later you are going to be required to submit electronic invoices.

4. Have your suppliers implemented electronic invoicing? That is, they want to send electronic invoices to you.

5. When your are replying to an Invitation to Tender (ITT) or Request for Quotation (RFQ) did the customer require you to send your reply on paper or reply using an online service. If it was the latter then that is a clue they are moving their procurement away from paper to electronic delivery.

6. Has your customer contacted you to have a conversation about your early payment discount terms?

7. If you have had an approach from a customer about your submitting electronic invoices how did you respond? a. I didn't respond my preferred response was no but obviously I couldn't say that. b. I said I would think about it. c. I said I would if I knew how. d. I said Yes - how do I do that?

If the clues are there and you need some help then click here

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home